Betta Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Plus discus' started by SandraR, Dec 12, 2005.

1. SandraR

SandraR Newbie

My Betta is lonely what is a good fish to place him with? No gold fish please. :eek:

2. ladmin

ladmin Administrator Staff Member

That's hard because the betta's are kept at room temp, if you add a small heater then you can add most tropical fish.

See the Mini JR.
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Aquatics Heater 7.5w 4" for all desktops etc.

it's less then $10:)

Bob

[/font]

3. Ekewaka Clemens

Ekewaka Clemens Newbie

Bettas usually do fine with virtually any similar sized tropical community fish. Problems arise when those tank mates resemble even faintly another betta because your betta will recognize it as a threat to its territory and will harass the long-finned neighbor. Another problem is nippy tank mates. A male betta is hindered by those long flowing fins. They make him an easy target for belligerent tank mates and they make him an ungainly swimmer when he needs to take flight from aggressors.

4. Griffin

Griffin Moderator

Betta fish generally like to be alone from what I've heard. I have one in his own bowl and she seems fine. Did you manage to get another fish?

5. Tyra

Tyra Newbie

I have my Beta in with 2 Mollies, 2 guppies and a Pleco and they do fine. The first day I put them in together, they chased each other a bit but I guess they were deciding who was boss. My Beta seems much happier now, when he was in a bowl by himself, he just set there but now he swims around and all.

6. megan mia

megan mia Member

i love beta fishes actually