Cat Uriniating On Carpet? Help?

Discussion in 'Cat Training & Behavior' started by KattyCakes, Jun 12, 2009.

1. KattyCakes

KattyCakes Newbie

So, I have a kitten named Angel and she's a DOLL! I love her so much! She has never caused me any grief before until now.

Lately, she's gotten into a bad habit of passing urine and leaving piles around the TV. There was no previous cat and as far as I'm concerned, nothing is there to bother her. She just started one day and that was that.

DOes anyone know how to get her from using that as her litterbox? I clean her litterbox daily; I tried a squirt bottle or a sharp gentle bop on the rump if she starts sniffing around there, and repellent but nothing seems to work.

And if you know, how do you get rid of the smell? I tried vinegar already and that didn't help.

2. cqinzx

cqinzx Newbie

You can try putting some of tha cat's toy in the littler box, it might attract the cat to go there.

3. Austin

Austin Newbie

Never heard of that one before...

But I would just direct her to her litter box whenever you see her about to... well... do her business....

4. ryanodell27

ryanodell27 Newbie

Inappropriate urinating in cats can be due to stress. It also happens because your cat does not understand the right place for urinating. The first thing you can do is take your cat to the vet to rule out any medical reasons for this inappropriate urinating. You can also try putting a plastic sheet over your carpet and other areas where she do pee and always keep clean her litter box.