Food

Discussion in 'Cat Health Diet & Grooming' started by Griffin, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Griffin

Griffin Moderator

What food do you feed your cat?

2. Cheryl in San Jose

Cheryl in San Jose Newbie

Cat Food

I feed my 16 year old cat Friskies wet, Classic style seems to be her favorite although she really likes gravy. Is there a better food for a cat her age?

3. calico51

calico51 Newbie

Freezing Raw meat

Freezing raw meat doesn't kill the surface bacteria that forms on the surface of the meat. IMO any raw meat should be surface cooked on both sides to kill the bacteria.

4. AlvinCampbell

AlvinCampbell Member

After spending a great deal of time reading and learning about the way commercial pet foods are processed, and the ingredients that go into many of these foods, I decided to start making my own cat food. I found that I was getting more and more frustrated with the species-inappropriate and low quality ingredients found in most commercial foods so this was a very easy decision for me to make.

5. calico51

calico51 Newbie

Do you have a recipe you use to make your homemade cat food? Would love any info on recipes. Thanks

6. AlvinCampbell

AlvinCampbell Member

Thanks for sharing with us and thanks for nice information. Cats' nutritional needs are very specific and the nutritional quality of cat food is one of the most important factors in cats' health and longevity. These resources will help you learn all you need to know about cat food labels, cat food ingredients, and the nutritional needs of cats. Thanks for nice information. :yu:

7. calico51

calico51 Newbie

What resources are you referring to in your post?

8. rimi

rimi Newbie

Hi...

Hello friends ,

I am LM , i buy one small cat and she is vesy nice , i don't know what food is healthy for cat , please give me some tips.........

Thanks.............

9. templatespow

templatespow Newbie

Drupal Templates, Drupal themes

cat food like is chicken and beef and milk

10. calico51

calico51 Newbie

I don't understand your response. Cat food isn't beef and milk. A quality canned food/and/or kibble supplemented with some species appropriate meat protein would be very good. Chicken, turkey, mackeral are good cat foods. Many cats get loose bowels from milk, some don't.

Your respone just threw me for a loop, need a little more explanation.

11. Daisn1

Daisn1 Guest

Cat's mostly like to eat Milk and chicken.

12. calico51

calico51 Newbie

I truly don't understand this simplistic answer. Cats really shouldn't drink milk, chicken is great. Am I missing something here, are you talking about very young just born kittens? I don't know, the replies in this post seem quite strange to me. I would be glad to try and help further, but need further info about what kind of specific info you really need.

13. Alexsertu

Alexsertu Member

I have a cat.
    Dry: Purina Pro Plan, Purina One, Friskies, Fancy Feast,
    Wet: Friskies pouches, Friskies large cans, Fancy Feast, Purina Pro Plan large cans
    Fresh meat live: mouse, bird, and sometimes rabbit.

They get wet food 3 times a day on a schedule (to keep them close to home and indoors at night). My cats refuse any and all other brands of wet food and one refuses to eat fish. They will not touch the "indoor" varieties whether dry or wet.

14. Farenxdesign

Farenxdesign Newbie

I love my pet.So i gave healthy food my cat.
    Friskies pouches, Friskies large cans, Fancy Feast, Purina Pro Plan large cans

15. sivyloy

sivyloy Newbie

Dry food is best for health and it fas less cost. I gave to my kitty Innova EVO Dry Cat Food, Wellness CORE Dry Cat Food, Wellness Complete Health Salmon Dry Cat Food, Natural Balance Ultra Premium Cat Food. All these dry foods give my kitty healthy life and proper growth.

16. anhu89

anhu89 Newbie

17. Ethan Smith

Ethan Smith Newbie

Well, I do not have a cat but my friend has two. She usually give her skinless chicken, cooked eggs and also buffalo's milk.