How to keep animals out of trash???

Discussion in 'Dogs - Everything Else' started by Cind Sein, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Cind Sein

Cind Sein Newbie

I'm so sad to say that one of my dogs died last month. It was a Labrador. It was a very good obedient and intelligent dog. It was the dog that I used to take while going for the morning walks. One day morning while walking along with the dog, it fell down. I took it to the vet immediately. But bad luck, I didn't get it back. When the doctor examined the dog, he said that it was because food items it had chewed from the trash, it got poisoned. It had the habit of playing with the garbage bins. But I never minded, although it was a headache for me to clean the messed up area.

Some dogs get into the trash because of boredom. They just play digging through the trash. But these can cause a lot of health issues. I have two more dogs at home now. How can I keep them away from trash? I don't want to loose them. If you have ideas on how to keep them out of the trash, do share your thoughts. It would be of great help to me.

2. Airwrecka

Airwrecka Newbie

It might sound a bit harsh, but I think you should scold them every time they start digging through the trash. As for how you scold them, it's totally up to you, but you have to make sure that they get the message that it's bad for their health to mess around there

3. KarLo

KarLo Newbie