Keeping Discus

Discussion in 'Freshwater Plus discus' started by warren, Dec 5, 2015.

1. warren

warren Newbie

Was just wondering if anyone can help, been trying to keep discus for the past two years, purchased 6 from the fish den 4 died , purchased 6 more lasty year and out of the 2 original 1 died . should now have 7 but three more died , total fish now is four discus, Tank perimiters are perfect the temp I keep at 81 , 82 degrees. AM I doing something wrong or just having bad luck. At this point I should have 12 discus but only have 4 , just trying to keep a school of 6 to 8 , which being a 65 gallon tank may be better to keep just the 6 ,so would be looking to add 2 more ,. also keep bolivian rams ,corys, both black and regular neons and cardinals,and a school of bleeding hearts.
    Also off hand does anyone know where I can purchase discus at a reasonable price ,I can't afford the 70 dollar price tag on these fish. Was purchasing from the fish den ,but that's where all the dead fish came from, Also heard about something phishy but heard bad reports about them and don't know who to ask about them ,Are their any more on line retailers who have reasonably priced discus.

2. ladmin

ladmin Administrator Staff Member

We don't carry them any longer, sorry can't help much, they are not simple to keep