Kris and his Toys

Discussion in 'Cat Training & Behavior' started by Bob, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Bob

Bob Administrator Staff Member

My husband and I make our own elaborate toys for our pal, Kris. He has always been energetic and needs lots of attention, unlike many cats! Our guests wonder about the giant fishing poles with toys tied on the ends, but soon see we cater to our little Kris' needs. He had a rough start as a stray in a shelter, so we want to make the rest of his life happy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
  2. Kalum

Kalum Newbie

That's a great thing to do, always warms my heart to see people caring for cats=) My cat has no play in him what so ever.....We tried for the first year and a half to get him excited but all that he likes to do is cuddle:rolleyes: Keep your cat playing, mine stopped and is huuuuuuuuuggggggggeeeeeeeee!!!!

3. Pippin

Pippin Member

My Siamese loved the Christmas tree baubles to the point where we couldn't put the tree up anymore. We'd hear it crashing down in the night when he tried to reach one that was just that bit too high and he'd make a leap for it. He'd get the bauble but the tree was still attached! LOL.

4. Pippin

Pippin Member

Making homemade toys for pets

Kalum, a cat I had wouldn't play with anything except a piece of loosely scrunched up foil shaped into a ball. His toys gathered dust and he ignored them. I think what he liked was with it being so lightweight he could toss and bat it around so easily.

He stole one that was discarded when we were having a BBQ one day and that was how we found out.

You need to watch them because if he starts tearing bits off, you don't want him swallowing it or cutting his mouth. Take it away if he does and let him have one only if he just plays with it like a ball. Worth a try! :)

5. Farenxdesign

Farenxdesign Newbie

Really nice.