Natural Ringworm Remedy

Discussion in 'Pet Herbal Remedies' started by Guest, May 15, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Bathe the affected area with diluted Grapefruit seed extract. Over several days the fungi will clear up!

Grapefruit seed extract is derived from the seeds, pulp and white membrane of grapefruit. According to Allan Sachs, DC, CCN "In hundreds of laboratory tests, GSE has demonstrated its ability to kill and inhibit the growth of a wide array of potentially harmful bacteria, fungi, viruses and protozoan parasites" According to NutriTeam a distributor of GSE, "this substance can be used for a number of health related problems in pets, including skin fungi, parasites, or bacterial disease of the skin"
    (this passage is taken from Protect your Pet by Ann N. Martin)

------------------
    Leslie-Ann,
    Moderator,
    Cats,
    Dog Behavior and Breeds,
    Herbal Remedies,
    Pet Memorial,
    and Just for Kids.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

That's great! Too bad my dog already had it 2 years ago(he also had mange, very troubled youth)! lol I'll keep that in mind for me though. Last year at work, we had a TON of Ringworm kittens in, and I inadvertantly got it on my arm. Hopefully I won't have to use this hint!

3. joannaw1@aol.com

joannaw1@aol.com Member

Tea tree oil (comes in a jar - like an ointment) is a great antifungal as well. You can buy it at any health store. Works great on ringworm (for you and your pets) and smells pretty good to boot!

4. mom of three again

mom of three again Member

Hey I am gonna write that in my book, by the ringworm section I didn't know that,thanks for sharing!

Leslie-Ann,
    Moderator,
    Cats,
    Feral Cats &
    Herbal Remedies.

5. Joyces Grooming

Joyces Grooming Newbie

PLEASE, be sure NOT to use Tea Tree Oil on cats. It is toxic to cats and has killed them.

Joyce

6. megan mia

megan mia Member

tea tree oil has many benefits, plus i have heard that you can use the