Overwhelmed by the local population

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue' started by TheKittyHouse, Sep 18, 2003.

1. TheKittyHouse

TheKittyHouse Newbie

To make my long sad story short, the recently opened local no-kill shelter back-pedaled on their six-month promise to take 10 abandoned cats from my neighborhood. I have cared for them since March and tried to keep them contained in the area as well as socialized.

Aside from the spay/neuter challenge, these cats must be removed from the area, as they will be killed in traffic or by some neighborhood creep.

I appreciate any suggestions.

KatLady

2. Shonna

Shonna Member

Is there another shelter in another town that you can drive to? I just had to do that for a 3 month old kitten dropped off on my door step. I drove 30 min. to Mississippi to a good shelter that would take him. Keep your fingers crossed that his tests for feline leukemia come out negative. Then he'll be spayed and neutered and off to Petsmart (they have a partnership with this shelter) for the adopt-a-thon. This kitten is going to make a great addition to someone's family. In the 2 day's I cared for him, I was able to find that he's good with small children, dogs, and does not bite and claw. [​IMG]

3. megan mia

megan mia Member

making homes in every city is actually a must to do things