Pomeranians

Discussion in 'Dog Breed' started by Guest, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I got a Pomeranian puppy about 3 weeks ago, and I want to either show him or put him in an agility course. Are they really good at agility courses or are they better to show? Thank you.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Congratulations on getting your new puppy! Poms are so cute. Give your local agility clubs a call. I`ve seen some little guys on the course before, well, maybe not that little. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Have you started in basic training classes? Some of them have agility equipment that they use in training.
    As far as showing goes, grooming a Pom is a full time job! Did you buy a show quality pup? You might try a small show to get a critique from the judge before you make that decision.

3. sabysmith

sabysmith Newbie

They are sturdy and playful, but also affectionate, lap dogs. They pretty much get along everyone including children, other dogs and other family pets. They are also very loyal and eager to please their owners.

4. pamela7777

pamela7777 Newbie

My sister has a pom and her pom barks at everything will not stop barking she has tried everything. I have a shihtzu and she is pretty much quiet most of the time.

5. shurdenkelley

shurdenkelley Newbie

I have a dog which breed has pomeranian and this is a small toy sized dog. The head is wedge-shaped and in proportion with the body. The short muzzle is straight and fine. The stop is well pronounced.

6. ashtonluise

ashtonluise Newbie

Dog agility is a rapidly growing world-wide. On an agility course the dog is challenged to confront several obstacles and pass overs,under or around them successfully. You can bring dog agility to your own backyard,and you can do it if you are on a budget.

7. Alexsertu

Alexsertu Member

Hi,
    The Pomeranian is a compact, short-backed, active toy dog. He has a soft, dense undercoat with a profuse harsh-textured outer coat. His heavily plumed tail is ...