problems giving medications to your pet

Discussion in 'Pet Herbal Remedies' started by Bob, May 23, 2007.

1. Bob

Bob Administrator Staff Member

"If you're having problems giving medications to your pet, ask your veterinarian," Quirk says. It might be possible to get a liquid form of the medication, so you can just squirt a syringe into your pet's mouth. You might be able to disguise the bitter taste of medications with beef or tuna flavors, or hide the medication in a product called a Pill Pocket that makes the pet think it's getting a tasty treat. Some medications can be given with a patch or rubbed on the skin. When you don't struggle with your pet about medications, the two of you can keep a stronger bond together.

2. KattyCakes

KattyCakes Newbie

I had to give my cat hairball medicane. She wouldn't like it off my finger, but she had to take it. What I did was rub it on the top of her paws. Cats, being obsessive compulsive with themselves being clean, will lick any impurities off. So when I did that, my cat Angel would like all the medication off her paws. Thats how she would take the medication and it worked. We still have a strong bond, so that didn't alter anything.

3. Alexsertu

Alexsertu Member

Hi,
    Alternative medicine is any of a wide range of practices, products and therapies, using methods of treatments which, at least up to the end of the twentieth century, were typically not included in the degree courses of established teaching western medicine, including surgery, in the tradition of the or similar...