Siamese Cats - Some info required

Discussion in 'Cat breeds' started by greyhound, Jun 5, 2009.

1. greyhound

greyhound Newbie

How much attention on average do the siamese cats need? Please give me a run-through of their typical day.

Do they follow you around everywhere? Do they want you to play with them all the time? How do they demand your attention?

And most importantly will they get jealous of other pets?

2. RustyK

RustyK Newbie

I have only limited experience with Siamese, but for what it's worth, here is what I know. A neighbor of ours had a Siamese cat who was very easily angered and aggressive, he'd even bite her - the owner - and bite very hard. I used to think that most Siamese were like that, but I was wrong. Two friends of ours have had Siamese cats, in both cases the cats were very sweet-natured and affectionate. They do like laps, but do not demand to be held all the time. They don't seem to require any special care, either.

3. vlada

vlada Newbie

I'm adoring my Siamese cat by the name of Jozefina. I think that Siamese cats are the cleverest among the other breeds of the cats. She is a nice companion and she is a really sweet-natured. The only problem with her is that she likes to talk much but it helps me much to understand her needs and desires.

4. mvanderwal

mvanderwal Newbie

My experience with Siamese is that they are fairly good natured, can be taught to fetch (they're smart!), and they are very loyal, almost to a fault. The Siamese that I have met can be somewhat aggressive if they are provoked, but they are generally friendly and affectionate. I would imagine every individual one is different though....

5. Austin

Austin Newbie

My cat is half-Siamese, so I'm not sure this will be accurate. My cat doesn't like to be held, but is really loving. He will purr whenever he sees me, and always brushes against my leg. At night, he's always sleeping right next to me. But they can get a little annoying after a while...

6. Pippin

Pippin Member

My own didn't like strangers nor other peoples' pets. How much of that is a Siamese trait or just his own nature I don't know.

When I was pregnant with my son, I decided to rehome him. One of my best friends took him. In all honesty, I wouldn't have trusted him with a newborn, especially with it being my first. I was anxious enough without having to worry about how the cat would take to the baby. :)

7. Alexsertu

Alexsertu Member

Great post here! Also your website loads up fast!I like the valuable information you supply to your articles. I will bookmark your post and test once more right here frequently.

8. catlover88

catlover88 Newbie

Gracie Meows A LOT and she comes on my lap when I am just chilling most of the time she is also a lilac point Siamese cat who is 2 years old.