Suitable pet for India

Discussion in 'Dog Breed' started by greyhound, Jun 5, 2009.

1. greyhound

greyhound Newbie

A cousin is going to Pune, India & is willing to buy a dog for security of his house & family but he isn't sure about which dog to buy.

a) It should adjust to hot climate of India. It goes upto 45* Centigrade in summer.

b) Should be active and caring.

c) Shouldn't be consuming lots of food.

Any suggestions?

2. ritzy

ritzy Newbie

Though I don't know much about India, I have a Indian friend who says that most people in India have Doberman, Labrador & Pomeranian as their first choice. I suggest you go ahead with doberman. They are the best dogs when it comes to safeguarding.

3. buzzerrr

buzzerrr Newbie

Labradors, Great Dann, Doberman would be obvious choices for anyone living in hot climate like in India. Above these I would suggest to consider Himalayan Shepherd Dogs for the purpose. They are very atheletic and are basically Indian breed too.

4. tylerjones553

tylerjones553 Newbie

Labrador, German Shepperd's are the first choice in India But now people have started buying Pug they are also becoming quite common there

5. ashtonluise

ashtonluise Newbie

German shepherd is one of the best dog breed that you can buy for your home security. German shepherd is normally a fit in health and this kind of breed's height is very good so as my point of view you should buy German shepherd.

6. Farenxdesign

Farenxdesign Newbie

The German shepherd is one of the best dog breed that you can buy for your home security.

7. Alexsertu

Alexsertu Member

Hi,
    Labrador Retriever have shorter hair so it's best for hot weather. They are also sociable and smart and are great watch/guard dogs and will do anything to protect their master.

8. megan mia

megan mia Member