What breed do you have?

Discussion in 'Cat breeds' started by Guest, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I want to know what breed of cat everyone has or what colors your mix cats are and what their names are. I have a male and female seal-point siamese and their names are Eddie and Leona. I also have a female persian orange tabby mix named Nala, a female stray I call Dutchess.

------------------
    When you get thrown off a horse you have to get back on!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I have two...

Connie is a long haired dom who has a lot of somali tendancies. She is three going on four in Aug. She is grey with some brown and black in her fur, and quite stunning if her proud Momma does say so herself!

Alistair is a white cat with some tabby spots on him he has a lot of oriental tendancies and has really big ears, and talks ALOT! He was four in Feb! Ali is the cutest and most inquisative boy there is!

------------------
    "A kitten is in the world of animals, what a rosebud is in a garden."
    Robert Southey

Leslie-Ann,
    Moderator,
    Cats,
    Feral Cats,
    Herbal Remedies,
    Pet Memorial,
    and Just for Kids.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I am not sure what breed Homer is. He is black with white spots on his belly, neck and "arm" pits.

How do I find out what breed he is? Ask the vet?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Spike is my little furball.. he turned one year old in early April. He's grey and white... kinda looks like someone dumped grey paint on a white cat, because his tummy is all white while his back is all grey. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'm guessing he's just a grey tabby, though he's been described as a grey tuxedo cat, but I'm also told that grey tuxedos don't exist, so I dunno! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Anyway, his homepage is in my signature, and there are lots of pictures of him there, so enjoy if you get bored. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
    -Jenn =)
    See my little Spike on his homepage.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

3 pure bred Maine Coons
    1 pure bred Himalayan

And enough fur this time of year to make coats for several large, Siberian residents. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

------------------
    -Jim
    Moderator - African Cichlids — SA Cichlids
    See our cats at: Mostly Maine Coons
    Fish stuff coming soon...

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I have Spooky, who is a beautiful silver grey cat, she's about 18 months old. She looks exactly like a Korat, but apparently she isn't one, just a lookalike. She's a very small cat, but very muscular, heavy on her feet. She's very loving and brings me presents of leaves and any bits of paper or cellophane that blow into the garden. She catches and eats flies with great relish. She's very playful. I got her from a cat rescue centre in Bristol, England, where she was brought in after being found stray in a sorry state with her four dead kittens, poor thing, she couldn't have been much more than a kitten herself.
    I love her to bits!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Jim I didn't know you had a Himmie!!! I thought they were all Coons?

"Which one of these things is not like the other?" What is your Himmie's name?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

14 cats, all neighborhood's finest! haha No purebreds just good ole ferals. We have calico's, white, gray, orange, you name it, we have it!

------------------
    Lisa Doyle
    Feral Cat Moderator

9. Guest

Guest Guest

All except our newest addition have long hair, so we have fur-tumble-weeds rolling around the floor and floating through the air no matter how often we vaccuum or sweep! [​IMG]

Khadija is very glamorous. She is white with silky fur like angora, but with a wildly colored orange and black flowing tail.

Maggie is a tabby (I think) just a brownish, greyish, blackish cat....her coloring reminds me of the coloring of a racoon.

Callie is multicolored with shades of grey, peach, and white.

Ollie is one of the prettiest orange and white cats I've ever seen!

And....then there's Chester....he's one of a kind! He is a short hair, dark grey and white cat. His hair had fallen out when we found him, but now his hair is almost completely grown in. He looks a bit odd, but he's a cutie pie!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I have 2 cats and a trapise of ferals that come in and out of the house depending on the week
    Karma- my lovely 2 year old Calico medium haired baby girl. She's an ex feral and so mixed the vet cant even tell me what she might be.

Bobos - lovely baby boy 2 months old and buff tabby. He's of mixed origins too, not a clue about his breed either.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I have 2 cats and both are Pixie-Bobs. They look like the photo but my female is orange and tan with black strips and spots and orange eyes. My male is solid black with olive green eyes.

[​IMG]

12. Guest

Guest Guest

not a lot. The thing that most people notice about Fuzz is his eyes.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Invar...what a pretty cat...and such big ears. He's a cutie!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh your pictures just made me get teary eyed! He looks exactly like my beloved Billy!

Those orange guys are sooooo much fun and filled with lots of love!

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I have two chocolate siamese- they're brothers. Sampson and Zeus. Sampson is the warrier- very muscular with perfect lines. Zeus is a little more feminine (soft fur and smaller frame) and his eyes are so cute- they don't quite match when he looks at you.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mom of three again:
    Jim I didn't know you had a Himmie!!! I thought they were all Coons?

"Which one of these things is not like the other?" What is your Himmie's name?
    </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooops! Sorry, Mom. I missed this post...Her name is Nakita. She has photos on the website and her domain is down at the bottom of the picture page.

Hence the name: Mostly Maine Coons. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

------------------
    -Jim
    Moderator - African Cichlids — SA Cichlids
    See our cats at: Mostly Maine Coons
    Fish stuff coming soon...

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, the big ears make him look so cute!

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a male seal-point siamese (Milo) that we adopted from the humane society in '97 and a COMPLETELY black male domestic short hair (Jack) that we adopted in '98. After we moved to our house last year Jack got even more timid than he was before, then we added a son to the mix. In the last few weeks he's been very outgoing, which we were happy to see.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a mixed breed with a bobcat shape and tendencies I found as a feral kitten (itty bitty and malnourished) and which has grown into the most beautiful big stripey boy (Elliot). Right now I'm kitty-sitting for my mother's Devon Rex (Desi, short for Desnudo) and her rexed kitten (Frankie) (we don't know what kind but he's wavy with the slim rex shape, even though he's changing colors right now he's gorgeous)

20. Guest

Guest Guest

I've got a orange, white, and black cat named Jillian and a bombay-burmeese named Minnie.